Launched on January 5, 2014 DrClix is a new Paid to Click program owned by John Novak. John is also owner of some traffic exchange and list building programs like ListBuildSurf.com and ListBuildTactics.com.
Members of Drclix can earn by viewing advertisements, completing signup offers, playing the grid game and by referring others to the program and earn click commissions from their activity.
The program is highly recommended by The Legacy Team (Marcus Wahl, Ken Locatelli and Rodney Hage) who are also in the PTC world wit their own paid to click site Legacyclix.com.
So far, although it’s a relatively new PTC program, and some minor bugs and issues where present, all was fixed within reasonable period of time and now things look good with DrClix.
But then came the big hit on the site and there are some rumors about it’s “take down“. Acording to John Novak drClix got hacked and the site is now down over 14 business days. You can read the latest update from the owner of drClix here below and we advice you to stay away from Novak’s future programs:
As you are probably aware, my sites, ListBuildSurf.com, ListBuildTactics.com and DrClix.com were hacked on Easter Sunday.
The attack was unusual in that it involved three sites on two different servers. This created a number of concerns by the server host.
During the past week we have successfully cleared the databases and two of the three sites. DrClix.com has had many alterations to the script.
My host company, Liquid web, has been outstanding in using their resources to basically scour the sites looking for any malicious code. This has been quite time consuming, but is all but completed.
With the alterations found in the script, it was advised that I re-install all the sites on a new set of servers. This will require quite a bit of work because of all of the customizations on the sites.
It IS a doable task, however on Thursday, the latest complication occurred with PayPal.
Due to the large number of disputes filed against DrClix, (over 200 within 4 hours of the attack, and now upwards of 500 disputes filed.) PayPal has placed all funds into reserve and will be reviewing all of the disputes.
At this time I will be unable to re-establish the web sites because I have no other payment processor. PayPal cannot give me an estimate as to how long this will all take. It appears to be the end of the line for Leo and Dr Clix.
I apologize for any problems this has caused you personally, and I am grateful that you have been a member with my sites. In the event that anything changes, I will let you know by email.
I will continue with internet marketing, only for now it will strictly be affiliate marketing. I have built down lines in several great programs, and will continue to work with anyone who seeks my assistance. I will also continue with my email series
List Building and Affiliate Marketing.
We had it placed among our Under Test List sites, with hopes soon to be on our next level list, that is legit sites, but that will be very hard now do to latest developments. The site is added to our suspect list and will remain there till some questions are answered and issues are resolved.
The site is gone for good and thus for added to our Failed sites list. We will not remove this article and leave the information to serve it’s purpose, but will no longer be updating this article.
Things we do like about DrClix.com:
- Paying – Drclix is paying its members. Payments are instant and payment proofs can be found on their website. We too got paid from them.
On the links below you can find payment proofs from other users:
- Affiliate System – You can refer up to 100 new members to Drclix. It’s not unlimited, but a downline of 100 direct referrals should be a solid referral base that will help you to increase your daily earnings.
- Instant Payments – Payments to members will be processed instantly after being requested. A payout policy that users prefer the most, no more waiting for days to receive your payment.
- Free Worldwide Service – There are no registration restrictions, people from all over the world can join as a member for free. Users can make money without having to invest any money to get started.
- Fixed Minimum Payout – The minimum payout is fixed at $4.00 and does not increase after each cash out, so this is a good thing, there are no increasing payout thresholds.
- Buxenger Supported Site – Buxenger is a free desktop software that helps you organize, monitor and view ads from your numerous PTC website accounts. With Buxenger you can view all your accounts statistics and overall summary in one screen, view ads from all accounts and also create new accounts on multiple websites at the same time.
- Forum – They have a forum. In our opinion, a PTC site should have a forum. The forum is a place where members and staff can communicate with each other. Members can post their success stories or doubts, post payment proofs, share the experience that they had with the site, ask for support and stay informed about the recent changes made to the site. Usually, on the forum you can notice first issues, so called red flags by other users. If members complain about non-payments or payment delays, then most likely the site is experiencing issues.
What we do not like about DrClix:
- New Program – Site is under a year old and thus for we do not recommend buying memberships on Legacyclix or, for that matter, on any new sites that are under a year old, particularly not on Bux and nTeN powered sites. Why? Well, most of them turn into a non-paying sites. In our opinion, it would be better to wait some time until the site proves that it is stable and sustainable, rather than invest in the early phase and risk to lose your investment if the site stops paying. Be sure to test a new site if you plan to invest upfront. It is very important to do your research before doing so. Since we can’t predict the Future and tell you which sites will turn out to be good and which will be bad, we do not recommend investing and/or buying memberships in new sites that are under a year old. Never the less, if you go and invest in to new PTC site don’t go and over do it and invest only that that you can afford to lose.
Important Info About the Site
- Number of Ads: 25+/-
- Average Daily Earnings without referrals: $0.025 +/-
- Earnings per referral clicks – 50% from ads value . You must view at least 4 advertisements each day to continue to earn from your referrals the next day.
- Sign up Offers – Members can earn by completing PTSU Offers (currently $0.05 per completed offer). If you have followed the instructions and completed the offer successfully, the advertiser should approve the offer then the money will be automatically credited to your account.
- Cashout Options and Conditions – Payments are made via PayPal. The minimum amount required for cashout is fixed at $4.00 and it does not increase after each payout request. Payments to members are processed daily. The withdrawal time frame for free members is 5 days.
- Drclix Grid– They have game called “Drclix Grid” which you can play daily. All you need to do is to click anywhere in the grid and an ad will appear, once the ad has been viewed (5 seconds timer), you will be given a notice if you have won or you need to try your luck again. You will get credited as soon as you win and your winning prize will go directly to your account balance. You will be given a number of tries daily which will depend on your membership. Standard members get 25 chances per day. Prize is up to $2.00.
- Script: PTC Evolution
- Owner: John Novak
- April 21, 2014 – According to the J. Novak’s update the site got hacked.
- April 19, 2014 – domain name Drclix.com has been seized by the US Department of Justice
- January 13, 2014 – Grid game has been added.
- January 01, 2014 – We have added the site on our “test sites list”
Seized by the US Department of Justice or hacked ?
There was a short period of time when the site had the disclaimer of the US Department of Justice but it was removed and replaced with the notice made by John him self that you have read at the top of this article.
We doubt that the domain name got seized cause all the evidence are pointing to completely fake seizure. ListBuildSurf.com and ListBuildTactics.com, according to John, got seized to.
But, why are these two domains redirecting to drclix then?
When a domain name gets seized by government the registrar must update the name servers of the domain to the name server specified by the relevant authority.
The name servers of seized domains are either one of the following combinations:
NS1.CIRFU.NET and NS2.CIRFU.NET
NS1.SEIZEDSERVERS.COM and NS2.SEIZEDSERVERS.COM
Or alternatively, name servers are registered as ns1.seized-domain.com and ns2.seized-domain.com that point to a server under the control of ShadowServer.org and have the following ip address: 22.214.171.124
Further more, the registrar is obligated to lock the client status codes and the server status codes in order to prevent the owner from updating the domain details. Stutus codes on a seized domain look like this: clientDeleteProhibited, clientRenewProhibited, clientTransferProhibited, clientUpdateProhibited, serverDeleteProhibited, serverTransferProhibited, serverUpdateProhibited.
But, at Drclix only the Client Transfer is prohibited which instructs the registry to reject any requests from other registrars for the object to be transferred into their sponsorship. This all point to one conclusion, the domain is not seized at all!
Now what about that hack attack?
It’s possible that the attacker did all this. But why would he go through all that trouble to make it look like the sites got seized by the government? Could be that J. got in to money issues and is trying to ran away by making it look like the domain got seized and/or hacked.
As it looks now we will need to wait a few days to see how this all ends and we need to hope all ends well for DrClix members.
John Novak owner of Drlix appeared to have had good reputation in the TE industry and is an experienced traffic exchange guy.
However this is a PTC program and it is quite different model than TE, so we’ll see how well he’ll do with this project.
Well, it is obvious he didn’t found his way with PTC sites. It’s a bit awed doug that person with that much of an expirience in world wide web domain hasn’t been making regular backup. Heck I make a backup of a backup on my backup!
As for any new PTC, if you are considering to upgrade, our recommendation would be to test the site, do your research and make sure it is a reliable opportunity before buying membership.
For a period of at least a year DrClix would have been placed on our “Under Test Sites list” but do to the latest issues with hack attack or the domain name got seized by the US Department of Justice we have added the site to our suspect list till further notice. If the site dosn’t come back to life in the next few days we will be forced to place this PTC project on our failed sites list.